Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive brain disease, and the most common form of dementia. It slowly destroys memory and the ability to think, making it difficult to perform even simple tasks. There is no cure yet for this disease.
- Alzheimer’s Disease Consumer Fact Sheet
- The Brain and Degenerative Diseases Chapter in The Savvy Woman Patient
- Sex and Gender Differences in Alzheimer’s Disease (Roundtable, October 2011)
- Carter CL, Resnick EM, Mallampalli M, Kalbarczyk A. Sex and Gender Differences in Alzheimer’s Disease: Recommendations for Future Research . J Womens Health. 2012 Oct;21(10):1-6.
- “Alzheimer’s Disease Frequently Asked Questions,” Frena Gray-Davidson, 1999