A person with normal hair growth will lose 50-100 strands of hair a day. If the hair growth cycle is disrupted, however, a person may experience excessive hair loss from the head or body, called “alopecia.” Hair loss is popularly portrayed as a men’s health condition, but 40% of all adults who suffer from hair loss are women.
- American Academy of Dermatology – Alopecia Areata
- American Hair Loss Association
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery – Female Hair Loss & Pattern Baldness in Women
- National Alopecia Areata Foundation
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIH) – Alopecia Areata