Lung cancer forms in the tissues of the lungs, but may spread to other organs of the body. It results from an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in one or both lungs. Unlike normal lung cells, cancer cells do not develop into healthy tissues; they instead become tumors that may gradually damage the lung and ultimately compromise its ability to supply oxygen to the rest of the body.
- Lung Cancer Consumer Fact Sheet
- Her Healthy Life
- Lung Cancer: Being Female Matters to Research (Briefing, September 2007)
- What Women Don’t Know About Lung Cancer (Briefing, November 2003)
- Out of the Shadows: Women and Lung Cancer (April 2010)
- Statistics on Women and Lung Cancer (April 2010)
- Resnick EM, Keitt SK, Marts SA. A report from the Society for Women’s Health Research . Lung Cancer. 2005;47(3):427-33.