Advance the understanding of sex-dependent differences in energy homeostasis and metabolic disorders.
- Joel K. Elmquist, DVM, PhD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (Network Chair)
- Jeffrey Chang, MD, University of California, San Diego
- Deborah J. Clegg, PhD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Susan K. Fried, PhD, Boston University
- Nori Geary, PhD, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- Kevin L. Grove, PhD, Oregon Health & Science University
- Jennifer C. Lovejoy, PhD, University of Washington
- Randy J. Seeley, PhD, University of Cincinnati
- Philipp E. Scherer, PhD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Richard B. Simerly, PhD, University of Southern California
- Steven R. Smith, MD, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute
Viviana Simon, PhD
- Magdalena Pasarica, et al., “Reduced Adipose Tissue Oxygenation in Human Obesity: Evidence for Rarefaction, Macrophage Chemotaxis, and Inflammation Without an Angiogenic Response.” Diabetes 58, no. 3 (2009): 718-725. PMID:19074987
- Helen H. Wang et al., “New Insights into the Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Effects of Estrogen on Cholesterol Gallstone Formation.” Biochimica Biophysica Acta – Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids 1791, no. 11 (2009): 1037-1047. PMID:19589396
- Suhuan Liu et al., “Importance of Extranuclear Estrogen Receptor-a and Membrane G Protein-Coupled Estrogen Receptor in Pancreatic Islet Survival.” Diabetes 58 (2009): 2292-2302. PMID:19587358
- P. Nedungadi and Deborah J. Clegg, “Sexual Dimorphism in Body Fat Distribution and Risk for Cardiovascular Diseases.” Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research 2 (2009): 321-327. PMID:20560019
- Lynda M. Brown and Deborah J. Clegg, “Central Effects of Estradiol in the Regulation of Adiposity.” The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 122, no. 1-3 (2010): 65-73. PMID:20035866
- Lynda M. Brown et al., “Metabolic Impact of Sex Hormones on Obesity.” Brain Research 1350 (2010): 77-85. PMID:20441773
- Kevin L. Grove et al., “A Microarray Analysis of Sexual Dimorphism of Adipose Tissues in High-fat-diet-induced Obese Mice.” International Journal of Obesity (London) 34, no. 6 (2010): 989-1000. PMID:20157318
- “Preliminary Analysis of the Mouse Gene Expression Data.” Keystone Symposia at Molecular Control of Adipogenesis and Obesity, Banff, Alberta, Canada, February 19-24, 2008. Presenters: Deborah J. Clegg and Kevin L. Grove
- “Sex and Obesity: Gender Differences in Energy Homeostasis and Fat Metabolism.” Symposia at the International Association for the Study of Obesity Stock Conference, March 2008. Presenters: Jennifer C. Lovejoy, Susan K. Fried, Steven R. Smith, and Nori Geary.
- “Sex differences in gene expression in murine adipose tissue: Parts I and II.” Awarded to Deborah J. Clegg, Randy J. Seeley, and Kevin L. Grove, 2006-2010.
- “Sex differences in gene expression in human adipose tissue.” Awarded to R. Jeffrey Chang, Susan K. Fried, Jennifer C. Lovejoy, and Steven R. Smith, 2007-2008.
- “Sex differences in adipose tissue miRNAs.” Awarded to Steven R. Smith and Susan K. Fried, 2010-2012.