DATE: October 7-8, 2015
LOCATION: The Graylyn International Conference Center, Winston-Salem, NC
ABOUT: This interactive symposium is solely focused on women’s cardiac health and will discuss factors beyond the traditional risk factors that predispose younger women (ages 20-40) to cardiovascular disease. These factors include reproductive, immunological, and psychosocial.
- Noel Bairey Merz, MD, FACC, Director, Women’s Heart Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Sarah Berga, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Jay Kaplan, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Translational Science & Anthropology, Wake Forest University
- Virginia M. Miller, MBA, PhD, Professor, Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic
- Pamela Ouyang, MD, Professor, Deputy Director of the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, Johns Hopkins University
- Meir Steiner, MD, Professor (Emeritus), Psychiatry & Behavioral Neurosciences and Obstetrics & Gynecology, McMaster University, Canada
- Doris A. Taylor, PhD, Director of Regenerative Medicine Research, Texas Heart Institute
- Nanette K. Wenger, MD, MACC, MACP, FAHA, Professor, Division of Cardiology, Emory University, School of Medicine
Click here for the symposium agenda.
Go Red and Go Red For Women are trademarks of the AHA. The Red Dress Design is a trademark of the U.S. DHHS.
*Sponsorship of this conference does not imply agreement with any content and/or comments presented by the faculty during conference proceedings.
If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact Paris L.A. Moore at email@example.com or by phone at 202-223-8224.
REGISTRATION FEES: $150.00 Regular, $75.00 Student. Click here to register now. REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15.
CALL FOR POSTER ABSTRACTS: Submit an abstract and and present your poster for a chance to win $500! Submission deadline is September 15. Click here for more information.
MEAL SELECTION: The Graylyn International Conference Center offers special meals to meet specific dietary, medical and religious needs. To request your special meal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2015.
Graylyn International Conference Center (Symposium venue)
1900 Reynolda Rd., Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Room availability is limited.
Courtyard Marriott Winston-Salem University
3111 University Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC 27105
Distance from symposium venue: 2.2 miles
Reservations for the evenings of October 6th and 7th, 2015 can be made at the Courtyard Marriott Winston-Salem by calling 336-727-1277 or by making an online reservation here. In order to receive the discounted rate of $109 (plus applicable taxes), you must reserve room by 9/15/15 and mention the group name, Society for Women’s Health Research. Room availability is limited.
Click here for additional accommodation options.
Click here to register now. Registration deadline: September 15.
For general questions, please contact email@example.com or by phone at 202-223-8224.