About the Corporate Advisory Council (CAC)
The CAC is a forum for the corporate healthcare sector and the SWHR to support emerging scientific research and public policy that will transform women’s health. SWHR is the nation’s thought leader in promoting research on biological differences in disease and women’s health through science, advocacy, and education.
CAC members will have an opportunity to work collaboratively to develop mutually beneficial public policy positions, support cutting-edge research, and create materials that specifically benefit women’s health.
SWHR is expanding our policy efforts in three key areas:
- Access and value in women’s health (coverage, payment, and value framework issues)
- Federal regulation and policy
- Patient-centered research and innovation policy.
Corporate Advisory Council Annual Membership
- Invitation to SWHR’s Corporate Advisory Council quarterly policy meetings
- Interactive forum for advising/informing SWHR on women’s health issues of mutual interest and setting direction on policy, advocacy, and education priorities
- Networking and engagement with scientific and policy thought leaders/decision-makers
- Collaboration with SWHR on educating key stakeholders and the public on women’s health issues through legislative briefings and other activities
- SWHR policy updates affecting women’s health, including developments from Capitol Hill and federal government agencies (NIH, FDA, CDC, CMS)
- SWHR science and educational awareness program updates
- Recognition of CAC membership on SWHR’s website, in reports, and on social media
- Opportunities to initiate and sponsor SWHR scientific programs
- Participation in SWHR invitation-only policy events and work groups
- Access to SWHR public policy, scientific, and program experts for one-on-one dialogue
2018 CAC Meetings
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 – 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 – 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Thursday, September 13, 2018 – 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018 – 12:00 pm – 2:00pm
CAC members represent a diverse cross-section of corporate thought leaders in senior level policy, advocacy, government affairs, communications, and commercial roles who share SWHR’s mission to improve women’s health by eliminating imbalances in care through science, advocacy, and education.
To join the CAC or for more information, please contact Joy Braun,Vice President of Development, at JBraun@swhr.org or 202.496.5001.
Corporate Advisory Council (CAC) Members
SWHR is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. Contributions to SWHR are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Federal tax ID #52-1694732.