More research is needed to understand women’s unique health needs,and it is crucial that women who do participate in research studies areinformed volunteers.
Frequently Asked Questions about Medical Research
- What is medical research?
- Why are women needed for medical research studies?
- Who may participate in medical research?
- What will I be told about the study?
- Why won’t they tell me what I am taking?
- What are the risks?
- How will the research study benefit me?
- What might keep me from wanting to be in the study?
- Will I be paid for the study?
- Who will answer my questions?