policy advisory council
The Policy Advisory Council is a forum for health care innovators to partner with SWHR to support emerging scientific research and public policy that will improve women’s health.
Policy Advisory Council members will have an opportunity to work collaboratively to develop policy positions, promote research, and create materials designed to benefit women’s health. SWHR policy development efforts focus on three key areas: regulatory, science, and coverage and access policy. Learn more.
- Invitation to SWHR’s quarterly Policy Advisory Council meetings — an interactive forum for partnering with SWHR on women’s health issues (a list of past meeting speakers can be found here)
- Networking and engagement with scientific and policy thought leaders/decision-makers
- Collaboration with SWHR on educating key stakeholders and the public on women’s health issues through legislative briefings and other activities
- Policy updates from SWHR on developments affecting women’s health from Congress and federal government agencies
- Recognition of Policy Advisory Council membership on SWHR’s website, in reports, and on social media
- Opportunities to suggest and develop SWHR scientific programs
- Access to SWHR science, policy, and communications experts
- Participation in SWHR invitation-only policy events and work groups
2023 Council Meetings
Members meet four times a year. Upcoming meetings are as follows:
Council members represent a diverse cross-section of thought leaders in senior level policy, advocacy, government affairs, communications, and commercial roles who share SWHR’s mission to improve women’s health through science, policy, and education.
SWHR often hosts guest speakers from federal agencies, research organizations, and other areas of policy interest at our quarterly Policy Advisory Council meetings. See below for blog posts highlighting remarks from past speakers.