DATE: October 7-8, 2015
LOCATION: The Graylyn International Conference Center, Winston-Salem, NC
ABOUT: This interactive symposium is solely focused on women’s cardiac health and will discuss factors beyond the traditional risk factors that predispose younger women (ages 20-40) to cardiovascular disease. These factors include reproductive, immunological, and psychosocial.
- Noel Bairey Merz, MD, FACC, Director, Women’s Heart Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Sarah Berga, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Jay Kaplan, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Translational Science & Anthropology, Wake Forest University
- Virginia M. Miller, MBA, PhD, Professor, Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic
- Pamela Ouyang, MD, Professor, Deputy Director of the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, Johns Hopkins University
- Meir Steiner, MD, Professor (Emeritus), Psychiatry & Behavioral Neurosciences and Obstetrics & Gynecology, McMaster University, Canada
- Doris A. Taylor, PhD, Director of Regenerative Medicine Research, Texas Heart Institute
- Nanette K. Wenger, MD, MACC, MACP, FAHA, Professor, Division of Cardiology, Emory University, School of Medicine
Click here for the symposium agenda.