About the Policy Advisory Council
The Policy Advisory Council is a forum for industry, nonprofit, and other health care stakeholders to partner with SWHR to support emerging scientific research and public policy that will improve women’s health. SWHR is the nation’s thought leader in promoting research on biological differences in disease and women’s health through science, policy, and education.
Policy Advisory Council members will have an opportunity to work collaboratively to develop policy positions, promote research, and create materials designed benefit women’s health.
SWHR policy development efforts focus on three key areas:
- Access and value — Coverage and payment policy, and health care value assessment
- Regulation — Drug, diagnostic, and device regulatory modernization
- Innovation — Patient engagement in research and development
- Invitation to SWHR’s quarterly Policy Advisory Council meetings — an interactive forum for partnering with SWHR on women’s health issues
- Networking and engagement with scientific and policy thought leaders/decision-makers
- Collaboration with SWHR on educating key stakeholders and the public on women’s health issues through legislative briefings and other activities
- Policy updates from SWHR on developments affecting women’s health from Congress and federal government agencies
- Recognition of Policy Advisory Council membership on SWHR’s website, in reports, and on social media
- Opportunities to suggest and develop SWHR scientific programs
- Access to SWHR science, policy, communications experts
- Participation in SWHR invitation-only policy events and work groups
2018 Policy Advisory Council Meetings
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 – 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 – 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Thursday, September 13, 2018 – 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018 – 12:00 pm – 2:00pm
Council members represent a diverse cross-section of thought leaders in senior level policy, advocacy, government affairs, communications, and commercial roles who share SWHR’s mission to improve women’s health by eliminating imbalances in care through science, policy, and education.
To join the Policy Advisory Council or for more information, please contact Joy Braun,Vice President of Development, at JBraun@swhr.org or 202.496.5001.
Policy Advisory Council Members
SWHR is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. Contributions to SWHR are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Federal tax ID #52-1694732.