- This event has passed.
The rate of HPV head & neck cancers is rapidly rising: what more can be done in prevention?
July 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
- Describe the burden of disease of head and neck cancers in Canadians
- Explain the complexity of challenges for patients with head and neck cancer
- Review the efficacy of HPV vaccine to lower burden of head and neck HPV cancers
- Recognize signs and symptoms of head and neck cancer
- Discuss potential screening methods
- Develop a better understanding of the perspectives of a head and neck cancer patient
- Dr. Melissa Henry PhD – Associate Professor and FRQS Senior Clinician-Scientist, Gerald Bronfman Department of Oncology, McGill University – Director, International Psycho-Oncology Society (IPOS)
- Dr. Denis Soulieres MD, MSc, FRCPC – Hematologist and Medical Oncologist, Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal – Clinical researcher and Molecular Biologist
- John-Peter Bradford BA, MA, ABD, PhD – Head and Neck Cancer Thriver & Advocate – Co-founder, LSTN (Life-Saving Therapies Network)
Moderator: Dr. Marc Steben MD,CCFM, FCFM – Co-President, HPV Global Action/ VPH Action Globale – Chair, Canadian Network on HPV Prevention – Board Member, International Papillomavirus Society