- This event has passed.
The Latest Developments in Maternal Mental Health Screening
October 12, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
This depression screening month, join 2020 Mom and partners to learn about the latest developments in maternal mental health screening, including:
- Recommended screening tools, featured in 2020 Mom’s Universal Screening Issue Brief, including use of the PHQ-4 (a short screener to identify anxiety and depression) and when to screen for suicide risk, for example.
- Opportunities to improve the cultural relevance/sensitivity of screening questions.
- The new National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) HEDIS screening measures and the first set of U.S. screening rates.
- Screening timing recommendations, including the MMHLA’s partner advocacy organization’s forthcoming recommendations for screening timeframes.
- Actions being lead by 2020 Mom to increase obstetric provider screening rates including addressing obstetric provider reimbursement, and care navigation efforts.